[OLPC India] There are more XOs in India!

Marc Valentin mvalentin at oeuvredespains.org
Fri Apr 11 07:33:51 EDT 2008

Hi Holden,
As I understand, you are in Meerut, U.P. ... Our school is not very far from
there, approximately 3 hours. It is very different from what you can see in
Meerut. In Meerut you have facilities, it is a city, you can also find
educated people... we are in a very remote village area. I invite you to
feel the difference !!!
We have 9 XO at present. Actually, I just came back to Belgium, I was there
for a month.
I had the chance to go for a few days to Mumbay, meet Amit and visit the
Khairat school. OLPC India is just in the starting blocks and there are a
lot of challenges to face. Particularly for teachers training and
concientisation and also schoolbooks and pedagogic documents.
The Grammar School is an english medium school ? What curriculum are they
following ? Is it the State curriculum or CBSE ?
-marc-
http://www.OeuvreDesPains.org