[OLPC India] OLPC suggestions

Ankur Verma ankur_18d at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 14:12:20 EDT 2006

hello i am ankur verma NSIT student from INDIA...
   i like the project very much and i also appreciate the same. the OLPC project is no doubt very good but i would like to give my suggestions. in this project, Laptop would be able to communicate with Internet Backbone as soon as it is switched on. This option can be disabled if required. With this, the problem of storage will be reduced. as for example, When we are accessing any e-mails, our emails are in the email server (not in our hard disk) of particular provider like rediff, yahoo, hotmail and these servers provide us nearly 1GB space. Similarly, if wiki would also make one mail/file server which can further be utilized for storing files. and whenever any laptop is switched on, it is connected to Internet, actually to wiki mail/file server, it is going to access its files even huge in size. with this the file security depends upon the password assigned by that particular laptop.and also the uploading and downloading of files will be virus free.... every laptop is
 given one specific e-mail id like IPv6 addresses. In future if any new software or patch is to be loaded into laptop, that can also be distributed through that server. thks ankur verma india 19/06/06