[Http-crcsync] First contact with a crcsync server

Pedro R eusou15 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 19:33:02 EDT 2009

Yes, but you are considering a client which only speaks with crcsync aware server.
My point is that if the crcsync aware client wants to access a resource in a crcsync
server it should be done the same way as for a non-crcsync server.
By using the OPTIONS method, the non-crcsync server may not respond properly.

However, according to the HTTP/1.1 specification[1], any unknown headers should be
ignored, so a GET with the crcsync headers (including If-Block: 0) always receives
a proper response, even from a server which does not implement crcsync.

Pedro Ribeiro