[Http-crcsync] Repo not broken after all :-) (Re: I accidentally broke the repo, please help me fix it)

Alex Wulms alex.wulms at scarlet.be
Mon Apr 27 13:45:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm working on one box only.

I had commited (locally) one file too much. I wanted to undo that commit
before pushing everything upstream. I used the command
git reset HEAD <filename>

But that resetted too much and my local status became confused. I could no
longer use 'git push'. It complained with some error message. Using google, I
found that I could fix the situation by first doing a 'git pull' to merge my
local repo with the remote repo.

After the merge, I had to commit again a few files and then perform the git
push.
After that git push, I panicked because I did not see what I expected to see
in the remote site using the browser.

I have meanwhile fixed the documentation changes as well. I hope. Everything
looks now fine in the remote repository.

I had a similar issue a while ago. Git does give me a big headache when I make
a small mistake. I still have much to learn in that area.

Kind regards,
Alex