[Http-crcsync] crcsync, Mozilla, GSoC and students

QIU, Yin allenchue at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 11:30:33 EDT 2009

Hi Alex,

I am one of those students that Gerv mentioned previously. Thank you
for the valuable information you gave.

However, I encountered an error when I tried to build httpd-crcsync.
After running buildconf, I ran the configure script and got the
Makefile. But when I ran make, it complained about duplicated function
definitions (all are apr-related) in server/exports.c. I manually
removed the duplicated definitions and made some progress. However,
building still failed because of unresolved symbol, and I am now stuck
here. The final error message was:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/qiuyin/temp/httpd-crcsyncproxy/support'
/home/qiuyin/temp/httpd-crcsyncproxy/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=link gcc -g -O2 -pthread        -o htpasswd  htpasswd.lo

/home/qiuyin/temp/httpd-crcsyncproxy/srclib/apr-util/libaprutil-2.la
-lexpat /home/qiuyin/temp/httpd-crcsyncproxy/srclib/apr/libapr-2.la
-lcrypt -luuid -lrt -lcrypt -lpthread -ldl -lexpat
/home/qiuyin/temp/httpd-crcsyncproxy/srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-2.so:
undefined reference to `apr_pool_allocator_get'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [htpasswd] Error 1

Can anyone help me on this?

Another question. After I set up a crcsync web server, I may do some
prototyping work to test it. You must have extended the standard HTTP
(1.1?) protocol to let request and response messages carry additional
information (i.e., block hashes and delta data). Are there any
materials on this protocol, besides the 1500 lines of code in
mod_crccache_client.c? For the algorithm itself, I'm planning to refer
to [1], which is mentioned in crc.h. Is there anything more you think
is worth reading? Of course, there are only 9 to 10 days left before
the GSoC deadline.

Thanks for your help. And thanks for your effort on this project, Gerv.

--
Yin Qiu
Nanjing University, China