[Health] Introduction of new member in Greece

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:17:35 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) <
diamond_gr at freemail.gr> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> I just joined the project and the health list. I want to introduce myself.
> My name is Stathis Iosifidis. I'm veterinary medicine student from
> Thessaloniki, Greece.
>
> I use Linux since 2006. I consider myself user with writing HOW TO skills,
> although my friends think I'm hacker.
> I promote openSUSE in Greece and I translate wiki and the distro. I
> translated openSUSE Sugar wiki in Greek and next target is the whole
> education Portal.
> Since I'm on medical major, I'm member of openSUSE medical team and Fedora
> Medical SIG.
>
> My personal wiki page is:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Iosifidis
>
> I checked the OLPC pages about contribution. Since I don't have a laptop, I
> can help in translating to Greek both the graphical or
> documentation-wiki (I know there's some translated already). I translate a
> program about Animal Shelters in Greek.
> When I'll have it ready, I'll check how it can be used with OLPC (I hope
> I'll get one working machine by then).
>
> I'll be happy to join the team. I'll need some guidance on my first steps.
> Regards,
> Stathis

There is a project that I started sketching out on:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Animal_health

that you might be interested in.  Read the page and the sub-pages it links
to, let me know if it is a concept that you find interesting.  I haven't had
time to do much more than draw the outlines on the wiki, but I think it is
an idea that has some merit and there have been advances in the tools for
making wiki-slices that I think would make this a very feasible project if
you wanted to pick it up.  Let me know.

cjl