[Health] Skype-- Sanitation/Water
beth at waveplace.org
Thu Sep 2 08:49:16 EDT 2010
Looks like we've got some new faces to complete our team. And more great
news-- we only need two more sanitation topics and one more water topic
before we've completed our unit outline! Let's Skype to divvy up lessons and
I'm free anytime today, tomorrow or next week, including Monday, up until
about 5pm EDT each day. Sat/Sun are not good for me, however.
In the meantime, let's finish fleshing our lessons out and if you have any
particular ideas as to how to present something, add it to the outline. If
we can have a pretty good outline by the time we Skype that would be great!
1. Intro: What is sanitation and why is it important?
2. Who, What, When, Where, Why and How to wash your hands
3. How to make soap
4. What to do if you get diarrhea
5. Proper disposal of human waste
6. How to make a safe latrine
7. Rehydration... how to
8. Links between water and sanitation
1. Intro to water: different types of water, saltwater vs freshwater,
potable vs unpotable water
2. Is "dirty" water always bad and "clean" water always good?
3. What's in the water that you can and can't see that can hurt you
4. How can you purify water?
5. How to make a solar still
6. Other ways to get safe water without burning up the rainforest to do
7. Water and the environment- what human activity does to water resources
8. The water cycle
9. Water distribution methods
Tel: +1 610 797 3100 x 44
Fax: +1 610 797 3199
Cell: +1 603 661 1273
Waveplace on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waveplace/270512992335?ref=ts>
Twitter: @waveplace <http://twitter.com/waveplace>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Health