[Health] Sanitation / clean water topics
beth at waveplace.org
Tue Aug 31 16:28:52 EDT 2010
Here are some additional ideas for sanitation/water lesson structures. I
also found some awesome material on the UNICEF and water.org websites--
lesson plans that we may be able to incorporate into our curriculum.
You can download those at
1. Intro: What is sanitation and why is it important?
2. Who, What, When, Where, Why and How to wash your hands
3. How to make soap
4. What to do if you get diarrhea
5. Proper disposal of human waste
6. How to make a safe latrine
7. Rehydration... how to
1. Intro to water: different types of water, saltwater vs freshwater,
potable vs unpotable water
2. Is "dirty" water always bad and "clean" water always good?
3. What's in the water that you can and can't see that can hurt you
4. How can you purify water?
5. How to make a solar still
6. Other ways to get safe water without burning up the rainforest to do
7. Water and the environment- what human activity does to water resources
Tel: +1 610 797 3100 x 44
Fax: +1 610 797 3199
Cell: +1 603 661 1273
Waveplace on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waveplace/270512992335?ref=ts>
Twitter: @waveplace <http://twitter.com/waveplace>
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Beth Santos <beth at waveplace.org> wrote:
> (S) Sanitation (six lessons so far)
> (W) Water (five lessons so far)
> S-What to do if you get diarrhea
> S-Rehydration... how to
> S-How to make a safe latrine
> S-Proper disposal of human waste
> S-How to make soap
> S-Who, What, When, Where, Why and How to wash your hands
> W-What's in the water that you can and can't see that can hurt you
> W-How can you purify water?
> W-Is "dirty" water always bad and "clean" water always good?
> W-How to make a solar still
> W-Other ways to get safe water without burning up the rainforest to do it
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Health