[Health] Sanitation / clean water topics

Beth Santos beth at waveplace.org
Mon Aug 30 10:50:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Randy, Caryl and I had a great talk today about some topics for two units on
sanitation and clean water. If you're interested in lending a hand to flesh
out/break apart ten lessons for each unit and then building them, let me
know and/or respond to the list and we'll get a team moving. We'll be
primarily working in Etoys.

Here's what we have so far:
(S) Sanitation (six lessons so far)
(W) Water (five lessons so far)

S-What to do if you get diarrhea
S-Rehydration... how to
S-How to make a safe latrine
S-Proper disposal of human waste
S-How to make soap
S-Who, What, When, Where, Why and How to wash your hands

W-What's in the water that you can and can't see that can hurt you
W-How can you purify water?
W-Is "dirty" water always bad and "clean" water always good?
W-How to make a solar still
W-Other ways to get safe water without burning up the rainforest to do it

Looking forward to some great units!

Beth

---
*Beth Santos*