[Health] Fwd: Health OLPC - Congo - eeeBuntu

Etienne Saliez etienne at saliez.be
Mon Sep 1 03:44:40 EDT 2008

Yes I am interested on medical software on OLPC.

I am in contact with health centers an a nursing school in remotes area
of Congo.
Our first concern it getting internet access, a critical condition in
order to be able to provide maintenance.

The initial intended applications are simple versions of:
- User authentication and sessions
- Patient identification,
- Problem list
- Care plan, including the the followup of vaccinations.
- Access to some medical knowledge, according to a very pragmatic
contextual approach.
- ...

I would like to do experimental developement on OLPC, intended to be
connected in wireless to a local server.
How far is Python available ?
BTW end 2007 I did pay for 2 OLPC machines, but up to now never received
anything.
In the mean time I did get an ASUS-eeePC-900, and install "eeeUbuntu"
which provide a real Ubuntu, with the most essential software, as I am
using on other machines.
It works on 12 Volts, and did cost here currently 335 Euros.

Etienne Saliez, M.D.

clos des Pommiers 4
1310  La Hulpe
Belgium