[Health] Health books

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon May 5 11:42:40 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Mel,
> >
> > I refactored that page a bit, turns out there are some additional
> stories
> > (another 8)  on the UNESCO site (original) that Child-to-Child hadn't
> > reposted on their site.  Some of them are posted in .doc
>
> Can we use .odt, please?

Short question, long answer.

I think you may have misinterpreted my message, allow me to clarify, what I
was saying was "posted by UNESCO on their site in .doc".  I've got no
control over how they chose to post their materials, I'm just happy that
they do so with specific copy-right free notices.

As for what format to employ when reformatting content for OLPC use,
OpenOffice .odt format isn't really a very useful option for the intended
purpose at the present time.  I am leaning towards HTML (and the simpler,
the better) for the materials that I'm working to collect/compile/reformat.

Allow me me lay out some of my reasoning.

1) .odt just doesn't work on my XO.
I attempted opening sample .odt files on my G1G1 XO and it doesn't work.