[Health] Health books

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun May 4 18:02:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mel,
>
> I refactored that page a bit, turns out there are some additional stories
> (another 8)  on the UNESCO site (original) that Child-to-Child hadn't
> reposted on their site.  Some of them are posted in .doc

Can we use .odt, please?

> instead of .pdf if
> that helps any with reformating tasks.

The Free Software Inkscape editor allows minor editing of PDF files,
if you tell it to import text as text when opening the PDF file. Just
double-click any text block to edit. It won't reflow paragraphs.

You can also select all text in most PDF readers to copy and paste
into word processors. This preserves fonts and some other formatting,
but loses layout.

Scribus is the most powerful Free Software publishing program. You
should edit text in other programs, and drop it into a Scribus layout
when it is finished.

I am a professional tech writer. I would be happy to assist with other
publishing questions.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/