[Health] GNUmed for OLPC

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Sun May 4 10:38:46 EDT 2008

I don't have access to my devel machine here, so I can install it when
I get there to check. It should be installable, just that if you could
list dependencies of this package , it would help to better determine
what all additional packages would be needed to be installed and
whether they are already there on the XO as part of the default build
or not...

best regards
Arjun

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Sebastian Hilbert
<sebastian.hilbert at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sonntag 04 Mai 2008, Edward Cherlin wrote:
>  > On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 3:10 AM, Sebastian Hilbert
>  >
>  > <sebastian.hilbert at gmx.net> wrote:
>  > > On Sonntag 04 Mai 2008, Edward Cherlin wrote:
>  > >  > >  I am a doctor by profession and medical
>  > >  > >  software developer by choice. I am involved with the GNUmed medical
>  > >  > > record software. I am wondering if you see any use in tests of this
>  > >  > > software in OLPC environments.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > One question is whether we can integrate GNUmed with the telemedicine
>  > >  > kits that some of us and other developers are working on. There is a
>  > >  > project in Google Summer of Code to use Measure for recording data
>  > >  > from a low-cost EKG device.
>  > >
>  > >  Where can I find more information on that ?
>  >
>  > http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/health/2008-March/000054.html
>  >
>  > >  > We have contacts with a number of other Open Source health care
>  > >  > software providers. You can find many of them on the SCALE web site at
>  > >  > http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale6x/conference-info/schedules/. Some
>  > >  > of the presentation videos are now available from there.
>  > >
>  > >  I have followed the community for some time. GNUmed is largely absent
>  > > from the radar as it has no billing component and therefore not large
>  > > userbase. It is however an EMR and not aimed at large clinics.
>  > >
>  > >  As we are Germany based there has not been any attempt to add US
>  > > specific features such as billing.
>  >
>  > We have some hope of getting over that nonsense in the next few years,
>  > but we aren't holding our breaths.
>  >
>  > >  For the time being I will test if GNUmed runs on the OLPC but if that
>  > > makes sense would be up to local deployers.
>  >
>  > If there is a Red Hat package for it, you should have no trouble doing
>  > a yum install on an XO. People on the devel list, notable Albert
>  > Cahalan, can help you get it Sugarized. I see the Ubuntu
>  > (Debian-style) packages in their repository.
>
>  I hope it is installable. Fedora 7 package is here:
>  ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/SebastianHilbert/Fedora_7
>

>  --
>

> Sebastian Hilbert
>  Leipzig / Germany
>  [www.gnumed.de]  -> PGP welcome, HTML ->/dev/null