[OLPC-GSoC] Yet another introduction, and: How do we know about applications?

Jameson "Chema" Quinn jquinn at cs.oberlin.edu
Wed Mar 26 13:20:54 EDT 2008

I am applying to GSoC. I've been working on the Develop activity for a
while, I've gotten to know the people in OLPC, and now I want to make
programming in non-English-based python dialects practical.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Bityi/GSoC#A_manifesto_answer

My question is, how do we know what our GSoC prospects are? I assume I am
not alone in saying that I would be happy to revise my application or submit
one based on some other idea of mine, if my current application is not up to
snuff in some way. I also assume that the GSoC mentors do not want all of us
nagging them constantly on IRC. Therefore, it would be good if somebody who
knew posted a message on this list that gave some basic expectations we
could have about when/how we can expect feedback and whether we should
submit multiple different applications to OLPC as a backup.

Jameson