[OLPC-GSoC] SoC activity development

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:19:09 EDT 2008

 On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Erik E. Beerepoot <erik_006 at hush.com>
wrote:

>        It all comes down to the bus factor: what if your model coder gets
> hit by a bus?

I was assuming the mentors would be involved with the development as well,
it's not just the students writing code.  If someone is working slowly, the
mentors (e.g. myself) would fill in and note that for the review process.

It has come to my attention though that this is not how Google prefers to
operate :)  I happen to believe that OLPC should run *all* their activity
development as one large project in this manner, so I was hoping to use all
the GSoC activity interest as a way to pilot this development approach.

But if that's not an appropriate use of the GSoC resources, that's fine with
me.

Best regards,

Wade