[OLPC-GSoC] SoC activity development

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:12:18 EDT 2008

I agree that given the way GSoC pays students for meeting predefined goals,
the issues you raise could cause problems.  It's my first GSoC experience so
I'm not aware to what extent they actually happen.

With the right number of students, involved mentors, and the fact that the
students' stipends are actually separate (what division?), I'm not sure it's
as impossible as you say.  I've had similar experiences working with interns
at my company that worked out well - teaching several people the same topic
at once is usually more efficient than teaching them all separately.

And given the level of overlapping interest in activity development on the
Ideas talk page and the mailing list, I think there needs to be some kind of
a plan to coordinate the work, so this was my offering.

Best,

Wade