[OLPC-GSoC] Introduction & Looking for feedback

Erik E. Beerepoot erik_006 at hush.com
Mon Mar 24 16:34:32 EDT 2008

Hi All!

My name is Erik Beerepoot, I'm an aspiring Summer of Code student at
OLPC.

I'm interested in extending the Elements Python Physics API, and using
it to implement an interactive physics learning tool that I have
dubbed "Play!"  -for Physical science Learning And discoverY.  In
short, "Play" will provide the user with an exceedingly simple physics
simulator, to use as an educational tool. In this manner, "Play!"
makes physics fun, while at the same time providing a thorough
introduction to physical concepts.

I have discussed this at lenght with Chris Hagen, who expressed
interest in being my mentor for this project.

The proposal is parked at the link below:

  http://beerepoot.org/files/Gsoc/GSOC08-Proposal - Erik E Beerepoot.pdf

You can direct any comments to me on this list, or to the email
address listed in the proposal.

Thanks in advance,

Erik Beerepoot