[OLPC-GSoC] Reg: Google summer of Code under OLPC

surendran m surenspost at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 06:10:30 EDT 2008

Hi all !

I am suren, Third year Engineering student from India. I am very much
interested to contribute for OLPC. I checked out the OLPC page and  am keen
to work on the school server Idea.

 I am one of the core webteam
members<http://www.nitt.edu/home/students/clubsnassocs/computing/delta/webteam/>of
my college ( NIT Trichy) which manages the college website(
www.nitt.edu) and Our technical Festival(pragyan.org). I have good working
expereince python,PHP,server administration and web application development.
I have also worked around with open source blogger - wordpress. I along with
another student have developed nittians.com , using wordpress and writing
our own code to fetch the posts from all the college students'  blogs and
display in the site.Thats the main reason I choose to work for this project
as it suits my interests and I believe I can do some nice work as I am
already familiar in this area.

Regarding the idea itself ,the problem of networked blogging has been
explained nicely. I could understand the work expected out of that. But the
school server admin interface design , has not been completely described. So
i would like to know more about that.
Will that application also be run in sugar or the school server is going to
be of some other operating system ? In fact it will be nice If i can talk to
someone through IRC or chat so that I can understand what exactly is being
required out of the project. i am looking forward for such an opportunity
so that I can include everything thats being expected ,in my proposal.

Further I am looking forward for additional deliverables as I hope more can
be done in a span of three months for the SOC.

----
Regards
suren
Third year Engineering student