[OLPC-GSoC] (no subject)

Fred Imbeault fimbeault at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 19:14:18 EDT 2008

Hi, I send message to show interest in the google summer of code 2008. I
know about GSoC for about only one month, but I made a lot of research in
the last past weeks. The OLPC foundation goals and challenges really
interest me and I would like to help in the best way I can this summer. I am
a student in computing a college and I am going to University next year in
Game Programming and I think my knowledge in this field could help me
developing some classics and educational games for children. I have read
project Ideas here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Summer_of_Code/Ideas and the
Board and Card games project interest me a lot and I am also thinking of
proposing an educational game idea when students application period begins.
I have knowledge in C/C++, Python, Java and some librairy like SDL and QT4
and even if I don't have any open source development experience, I use SVN
in my personal projects so I should not encounter problems about it.

 I would like to know your interest in game development for this summer!