[OLPC-GSoC] Congratulations to the winners - and to the rest

crosvera crosvera at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 08:29:49 EDT 2008

Hello people:

Frist I need to congratulate the people who are selected
"CONGRATULATIONS!!!!".

Second, me like a rejected student, I was thinking that I will develop my
app anyway, because the main idea of GSoC is get involved and keep helping.
So for that reason I think that me an every rejected-GSoC-Student needs keep
going with the OLPC project and helping :)

Cheers... and congratulation again for the selected students :)

see you... soon!

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you to everyone who applied; we had roughly 35 great applications
> this year, all of which will receive laptops via our developer's program.
> I've also proposed that OLPC fund some of the other top-ranked applications,
> and a few of you have been asked about taking on an OLPC internships
> instead.
>
> The application and discussion process has been great for brainstorming,
> and for matching potential mentors with coding experience with new
> developers -- this has been the best part of the month so far for me.
> Within OLPC, we have spent many fruitful evenings discussing where some of
> the proposed activities or projects fall within the framework of existing
> efforts (some of the results of which have made their way to the list).
>
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Jameson Chema Quinn <
> jquinn at cs.oberlin.edu> wrote:
>
> > Of course, the automatic dev program enrollment and laptop would be
> > great, and if actual internships are in the offing that would be great too;
> > but I am talking here about some official title/award (words for your
> > resume) for those that complete a project off some list of "we agree, this
> > is a great idea, and we have a mentor for you". (This is not just a hint for
> > my own benefit - actually, as an older student, this would be less important
> > for me than what I imagine it would be for the younger students with good
> > projects).
> >

> I couldn't agree more :)  We are setting up such a program, specially for
> the great activity proposals, which we hope will become more common over the
> course of the year and not only in summertime; stay tuned.
>
> SJ

Carlos Ríos V.
Estudiante de Ing. de Ejec. en Comp. e Inf.
Universidad del Bío-Bío
VIII Región, Chile