[OLPC-GSoC] Mesh Network Visualization Proposal

Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos ypod at mit.edu
Wed Apr 2 19:29:31 EDT 2008

Hi Emil,

This sounds great. For a moment I thought you were aiming for something
that would run on the XO and children would be able to use to pinpoint
the location of their friends on the globe. This too sounds like a neat
idea.

Still, having a tool for visualizing the location of XOs in different
scales for research and network analysis is also very important. I would
also recommend trying to keep data representation as modular and open as
possible so that it can be fed to different tools for analysis (imagine
clicking on your tool and getting a wireshark snapshot from the node, or
what the mesh network layout looks like from their perspective, their's
is not necessarily symmetric to yours).

Finally, how do you plan to layout nodes in small scale, like in
village- or neighborhood-scale? What information would you assume that
is available to you to do the layout?

Pol

--
Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos