[OLPC-GSoC] Mesh Network Visualization Proposal

Emil Rossal oxcafebaby at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 15:28:55 EDT 2008

Hello

    I have set up a wiki page describing my 'Mesh Network Visualization' proposal :
           http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Mesh_Network_Visualization_Proposal

Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos :  I have attempted to reach you via IRC with no avail. Regarding your comments to the application :

* You mention the application has little to do with mesh networking, being geared at a global scale : this is unclear to me. Marble has an adjustable viewing range capable to support block/village scale levels - similar to Google Earth's capabilities. I fail to see why Marble shouldn't be able to handle these scales, provided that some mapping imagery is available.

 * Though not explicitly stated in the initial application, the incompatibility with 'Sugar' has been considered. Since the suggested tool's main goal is mesh network analysis & research, XO users will probable only be providing simulation data rather than actually running the tool. Non the less this won't be an issue once XO has widget support.

Sorry for posting in a new thread.

Regards,
Amir