[Grassroots-l] Starting Grassroots OLPC in Kentucky

Melton, Mallory mallory.melton at wku.edu
Fri Aug 24 11:31:46 EDT 2012

Greetings All,
I am interested in starting a grassroots project at my school. I have been looking at many of the wiki sites and list serve archives but I am still very confused on how best to start a group.  I have only been able to make comparisons to IMSA's volunteer group, in Aurora, IL but I don't know if we should be fund raising or working on developing programing?? What is more needed/ beneficial from a student service perspective??

Mallory Melton, M.Ed.
Coordinator, Student Services
Carol Martin Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd., #71031
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Phone: 270.745.4755 | Fax: 270.745.2987