[Grassroots-l] Getting started in localization (was Re: [Olpc-open] [IAEP] volunteer translators needed)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:28:00 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:01, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim and Beth,
> We are training a group of volunteers from the Haitian Coalition in Etoys
> tomorrow.  We have some practice at teaching Etoys at this point.
> How/what would you like me to teach them about translating?
> What is the minimum they need to know to start helping you?

I wrote this in the Wiki when I first started recruiting localizers
for Haiti and Cambodia.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization#Getting_started

There is other useful information on that page. Please add what you
learn from this experience, and tell everybody "Mèsi" nan men m 'ak
nan chak grenn timoun ayisyen.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/