[Grassroots-l] Really want to help. How can I open a new repair center in texas?

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Jul 2 07:44:24 EDT 2011

On 7/2/2011 7:10 AM, Aaron Norris wrote:
> Hello All,
> My name is Aaron Norris. I am the owner of Operator 1 CTG,
> International and I have an urgent need to help OLPC. I manage a
> global computer repair service out of my home for more than 12 years
> now and I would love to help with OLPC's XOs. I've scouring through
> all the pages and can't pinpoint what I need. Please, anybody....
> point me in the direction i need to go. It seems I could could also
> contribute to finishing some of the documentation.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> Aaron Norris ( operator1designs at gmail.com
> <mailto:operator1designs at gmail.com> )

Dear Aaron,

Please create a web page describing your precise services, and when
that's ready post it to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Repair_center_locations

You will likely need to buy parts from http://iLoveMyXO.com to perform
debricking services like: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fix_Clock

An advanced repair shop serious about the environment may also consider
restoring XO batteries as follows:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Battery
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_LiFePO4_Recovery_Procedure

You'll need to bring yourself up to speed studying
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Disassembly using XO laptop(s) you aquire from
eBay.com and otherwise.  Broken "parts" laptops are *occasionally*
available to exceptional applicants here:

     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program

Please post your efforts alongside our global mentoring community with
hundreds of active volunteers worldwide on the map here, who would love
to guide your documentation efforts:

     http://olpcMAP.net
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_Gang

Also see their blogs further below, Thanks!

--
http://blog.laptop.org
http://planet.laptop.org

Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net