[Grassroots-l] HAITI EDUTECH Community Dinner: Tue Jan 25, 5PM SHARP @ OLPC HQ in Cambridge, Mass

Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Jan 25 09:50:01 EST 2011

Welcome to all 5PM tonight -- 10+ have RSVP'd, several of whom are
traveling to Haiti in coming days/weeks for important projects --
optionally plz bring a small dessert or Haitian drink to our potluck if
poss!

    Community-organized Haitian EduTech Dinner, Tuesday night 5PM SHARP:

       Tue Jan 25, 5PM
       One Laptop per Child
       1 Cambridge Center
       Kendall Sq/MIT Red Line subway stop

    Please join!  Best of all, Boston's http://Haitian-Coalition.org will
    join our OLPC_Boston monthly community meeting to discuss certain very
    intriguing next-gen EduTech plans (OLPC, Sugar, http://open1to1.org
    etc) emerging in Somerville Massachusetts, as well as the 400 OLPC
    laptops shipping to Haiti shortly, with Waveplace's own Beth
    Santos flying in to Boston en route to Haiti here:

    http://waveplace.org/news/blog/2011/01/22/t-4-750-haiti-laptops/

    Alongside deeply committed Haitian diasporas far beyond.  Our 3 week
    old olpcMAP workshop proved the unstoppable *force* of passion behind
    grassroots deployments globally, just like those we'll be discussing
    in Haiti, with almost 500 projects/volunteers now vividly emerging:

    http://olpcMAP.net

    Marina's blog (http://saigonolpc.wordpress.com) is just 1 of many
    now summarizing the incredible volunteering-is-NOT-a-spectator-sport
    work ongoing here:

    http://planet.laptop.org

    We dearly hope to see you Tuesday -- with 9+ tangentially related
    trips to Haiti in Feb alone, among some very connected AND deeply
    dedicated Haitians-and-Friends education/tech thinkers and doers
    in Boston here, it's clear there will be Tons to discuss!

    Dinner is being prepared by extraordinary Haitian-American OLPC
    volunteer Alexandra Merceron, entirely of her own initiative:
    optionally feel free to bring desserts/drinks if you can & RSVP!

    Then join us taking the next step in this critical educational
    design challenge -- 1 humble country at a time ;)

    --
    Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !