[Grassroots-l] HAITI EDUTECH Community Dinner: Tue Jan 25, 5PM SHARP @ OLPC HQ in Cambridge, Mass

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Jan 23 09:16:36 EST 2011

Community-organized Haitian EduTech Dinner, Tuesday night 5PM SHARP:

   Tue Jan 25, 5PM
   One Laptop per Child
   1 Cambridge Center
   Kendall Sq/MIT Red Line subway stop

Please join!  Best of all, Boston'shttp://Haitian-Coalition.org  will
join our OLPC_Boston monthly community meeting to discuss certain very
intriguing next-gen EduTech plans (OLPC, Sugar,http://open1to1.org
etc) emerging in Somerville Massachusetts, as well as the 400 OLPC
laptops shipping to Haiti shortly, with Waveplace's own Beth
Santos flying in to Boston en route to Haiti here:

   http://waveplace.org/news/blog/2011/01/22/t-4-750-haiti-laptops/

Alongside deeply committed Haitian diasporas far beyond.  Our 3 week
old olpcMAP workshop proved the unstoppable *force* of passion behind
grassroots deployments globally, just like those we'll be discussing
in Haiti, with almost 500 projects/volunteers now vividly emerging:

   http://olpcMAP.net

Marina's blog (http://saigonolpc.wordpress.com) is just 1 of many
now summarizing the incredible volunteering-is-NOT-a-spectator-sport
work ongoing here:

   http://planet.laptop.org

We dearly hope to see you Tuesday -- with 9+ tangentially related
trips to Haiti in Feb alone, among some very connected AND deeply
dedicated Haitians-and-Friends education/tech thinkers and doers
in Boston here, it's clear there will be Tons to discuss!

Dinner is being prepared by extraordinary Haitian-American OLPC
volunteer Alexandra Merceron, entirely of her own initiative:
optionally feel free to bring desserts/drinks if you can&  RSVP!

Then join us taking the next step in this critical educational
design challenge -- 1 humble country at a time ;)

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !