[Grassroots-l] [support-gang] XOs to Peru forbidden?

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Fri Feb 13 18:56:59 EST 2009

I can confirm it is apparently forbidden to import XO computers
according to Hernan Pachas - I will try to make it happen by reductio
ad absurdum anyway, but just goes to show what incumbent beaurocrats
can do.

Talk about transparency!

Sebastian

2009/2/13 Seth Woodworth <seth at isforinsects.com>:
> Yama... It's a customs issue afaik.  We had issues sending dev
> machines there for ages.
>
> --S
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at bolinux.org> wrote:
>> I just received news that according to Hernán Pachas it is forbidden to
>> bring XOs to Peru unless there is permission from the ministry of
>> education of that country.
>>
>> Something like that is not admissible.
>> If it is in your hand, please do make sure this be solved at the utmost
>> speed.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Yamandu Ploskonka
>> Representative of the Latin American OLPC community

Sebastian Silva
Laboratorios FuenteLibre
http://blog.sebastiansilva.com/