[Grassroots-l] [support-gang] Change the World (FAST!)

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Thu Feb 5 16:47:22 EST 2009

Dear Julia, Chuck, OLPC, somebody,
As a member of the grassroots movement and as a volunteer, for over two
years now, both programming, and on the ground, I find this decision of OLPC

OLPC-Sur list, the most active of OLPC, ran a vote, where we elected a
representative, this representative yas Yamandú Ploskonka.

He was elected due to his positive position, expressed in his heartfelt
letter to OLPC

He ran with a platform you can find at:

This action OLPC is taking is directly moving against the community request,
and so I must protest.

Actions is being taken for articulating the community further.

Please respond publically.

2009/2/5 Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org>

>  From: Julia Reynolds <julia at laptop.org>
> To: support-gang at lists.laptop.org
> Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:45:37 -0500
> Subject: Change the World
> Hello Gang,
> First and foremost, as a newcomer to the RT system it was truly amazing to
> see the work the you all are doing. We thank you for all your dedication!
> Unfortunately, as some of you might have heard "Change the World" aka "Give
> a School" aka "Give 100, Give 1000" will cease to exist. We are just waiting
> for the info to be taken off the main website (any second now).
> We are doing this in an effort to refocus back to large-scale deployments
> that create change in a major way. We WILL honor all requests that we have
> received prior to the info being taken off the website. So if you know
> anyone who is interested, tell them time is of the essence!!
>  If you have any questions or concerns, I will do my best to address them.
> I just wanted to make sure you, as our first line of defense, were aware.
> THANKS!!!!
> Julia
> --
> Julia Reynolds