[Grassroots-l] [support-gang] Secure cabinet for XO's

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Wed Apr 8 06:15:37 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 10:48 +0100, Daniel Bennett wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have a quick request that I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I'm
> working on a deployment in Eastern Nigeria until the end of the month
> and I'm working on a solution to the electricity problem.  By this, I
> don't mean the large problem of how do we supply enough power to
> support 100 XO's, an XS, access points, and VSAT.  I've been working
> on that problem for months :).
>

> However, I have a vague memory of coming across pictures of (and
> perhaps even plans for) a secure (i.e. locking) cabinet for storing
> and safely charging  XO's.  We would like to minimize the risk of both
> electric shock and theft at our school.

Well a box with a number of thight slot per XO and power connector in
the back in the slot in exact the right place would create a
"masscharger".

Drilling a hole over the length of the box throuth the space of the
handgrip holes , would gave space to a metal bar. A lock througth the
metal bar would lock all XO's in one time.

Optionally replace all powersupplies for one "mass-power-supply".

2ct,
Marten