[Grassroots-l] OLPC Mali Final Report

Salimata FB salimataf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:26:51 EDT 2009

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the encouragement.

We began planning the program in June, and it launched on July 14 (teacher
training for 3 weeks) and we received the computers in August, and began
with the students right away. The program ended on September 5th 2008. So
all in all, about one month and half of planning and logistics (we had 3
weeks of delay, because the shipment was sent back to the states and it took
another 2 weeks to get it back).

Yes, the laptops were donated by LAPTOP Magazine (www.laptopmag.com), and
they also kept a blog of my journal and updates on the project (
http://www.laptopmag.com/l/olpc.aspx).

If the school has electricity, its great and will save you a lot of money
and headaches, just make sure that the ministry of education pays the bill,
otherwise the sustainability of the project will be in disarray.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Salimata

salimataf at gmail.com