[Grassroots-l] OLPC Mali Final Report

Robert Balch ramsfancr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:22:09 EDT 2009

This is a great report!  I am currently retired in Costa Rica and am looking
into initiating something here at a local school.  They have electricity,
but the school is very poor, and we have been doing things to spruce it up.
I can use some of your experiences in building a plan for the future.
How long did it take from inception to implementation?  Meaning, when you
first got the idea to the point at which you had the laptops available?
Also, were the laptops paid for by donations?
I just kind of want an idea how long this would take.

Thanks,

Rob Balch