[Grassroots-l] OLPC content on normal PCs

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Tue Sep 23 18:08:25 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Thought this might be of interest. Copying content from your OLPC to a
normal PC (for printing or other stuff) is as easy as inserting your USB
key, dragging and dropping content from your journal to the USB icon at the
bottom of the screen, then after unmounting the usb putting it in the PC.
You'll find the photo and draw formats are png, the write default format is
odt and I recommend (unless you are already running Open Office) the Sun ODT
plugin for MS Office. The trial I'm involved in we couldn't roll out Open
Office and the plugin works perfectly.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well in the OLPC endeavours :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
OLPC Australia                                           http://olpc.org.au/
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

        "Cowards die many times before their deaths." - Shakespeare