[Grassroots-l] GentooXo

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 18:28:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 13:06,  <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:

> The problem is that the systems hangs with following message (with the SD-card
> inserted):
>
> Type the esc key...
> Boot device: /sd/disk:\boot\kernel-2.6.26-gentoo-r1 Arguments: ro
> root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait noapic console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0
> fbcon=font:SUN12x22

I also tried it a few nights ago, and got a similar error.
Fortunately, I had saved the original version of olpc.fth and noticed
some quote marks that were not in the install instructions. I wrote to
the developer off-list and informed him of an error in the
instructions.  Fixing the quotes fixed the problem.  He has since
updated the page.  His instructions now show:

" ro root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait noapic console=ttyS0,115200
console=tty0 fbcon=font:SUN12x22" to boot-file

Notice the quotes do not cover the entire line.
--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC