[Grassroots-l] Help the G1G1 marketing effort

Todd Kelsey tekelsey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 01:15:33 EST 2008

To clarify, as I understand it, these words are for a specific marketing
"widget" which will use these words in different languages as part of a
marketing effort. A partner, Taxi -- in NYC, is developing the widget, and
any translations would be needed by noon Eastern Standard Time on Friday -
so if anyone plans to translate in the .po file, i'd recommend getting them
to Sayamindu by 11am EST, or taking the MS Word file that I will post
directly to www.cftw.com/translate in MS Word and Open Office formats and
replacing the english with the other language.

Please email me as well because I am helping Seth to coordinate. Don't wait
for a reply though as I will be up all night and may not get to email until
10:30-11 am EST.

As I understand, German, Italian and Spanish are taken care of. And Taxi
just emailed tonight and said no more than 7 languages will be needed total,
but there's no way of knowing at this point so please feel free to translate
however you like.

I will proceed to immediately opening the relevant word doc, converting to
open office format, and uploading to www.cftw.com/translate

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at laptop.org>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Recently Seth Woodworth posted a list of words/phrases which can be
> translated and used in the upcoming Give One Get One marketing
> campaign. I have added those strings to Pootle
> (https://dev.laptop.org/translate/projects/olpc/). It would be awesome
> if you can translate as many of those strings as possible within the
> next few days (this is a bit urgent as we need the translations pretty
> soon). Please let me know (sayamindu at laptop.org) if you face any
> issues with the translations/our Pootle server.
>
> A primer to our Pootle translation system is at
> http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/pootleforxo2.pdf<http://dev.laptop.org/%7Esayamindu/pootleforxo2.pdf>
>
> Thank you,
> Sayamindu
>

> --