[Grassroots-l] Video from last week's country meetings.

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Fri May 30 05:08:30 EDT 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> Although I haven't run into any missing graphics yet, the text layout in
> the PPTs are equally broken, but in OpenOffice Impress, I can read the
> text that runs off the page when I select the slide. It would be much
> easier to fix these files, but still time-consuming. We must ask for
> volunteers. Is anybody with a bit of spare time comfortable with
> reformatting in OpenOffice Impress? We just need line breaks and text
> size adjusted, as far as I know. I can provide coaching, if needed.

As I recall the issue here is OOo on GNU/Linux's idea of font DPI being
different from PowerPoint's on Windows.

Having seen this issue for years, I'm surprised it's not considered more
of a big deal by upstream.  Perhaps it is; I haven't been following
development.

-- Asheesh.

--
Math is like love -- a simple idea but it can get complicated.
 		-- R. Drabek