[Grassroots-l] [laptop.org #12584] Fwd: New $100 Laptop Design

Nan A. Canter nana_canter at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 21:47:21 EDT 2008

How typical a response!!!!!

This organization continues to treat those of us who
supported the G1G1 program early on with distain, to
say the least.....

My three OLPCs will go not to my children but to
elementary students in a distant and isolated farming
community in eastern kyrgyzsan....

I feel duped, used, and almost "taken".... not a great
way for an organization like yours to treat your most
ardent supporters.... Sorry i can't afford to donate
100!!!!!

nana canter

--- Support at rt.laptop.org wrote:

> On Sun May 25 16:54:16 2008, nana_canter at yahoo.com
> wrote:
> > Note: forwarded message attached.
> >

> > will the laptop we got be able to get the
> mocrosoft
> > program installed?
>
> OLPC has no plans to sell XO laptops to US
> customers. The Windows on XO
> program was developed by Microsoft for use on
> country sized deployments
> in developing countries.
>
> --
> Alan - OLPC Support Volunteer