[Grassroots-l] microfinance for XO's

Mike Dawson mike at paiwastoon.com.af
Sat Jun 28 03:38:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

We would really love to see that happen here in Afghanistan - we are
working with a Microfinance bank on a separate project training 250
people to become their own entrepreneurs serving small businesses /
organizations here.

I can only suggest that here in the region until the XO is available
there is the EEE PC and various substitutes for individual purchase.
There is now a version of Ubuntu for it that you can load sugar onto.
You can them in Pakistan and India at least.  I know it's not the
complete answer - but it's a substitute.  We here are implementing the
XO with the Ministry of Education - so we are not yet sure what private
schools / others will be able to do at the moment.

If you need any help / support working with MF partners please feel free
to get in touch.

Regards,

-Mike

--