[Grassroots-l] [laptop.org #14765] Volunteer opportunities

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Fri Jun 27 17:50:35 EDT 2008

Hello Bastien,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Bastien <bzg at altern.org> wrote:

> Hi SJ and all,
>

> Here in France, Free Software organizations like APRIL or AFUL already
> have good contacts with educational-IT NGOs that might locally help with
> the deployment of XOs -- both and the technical and pedagocial side.

Yes; OLPC France can certainly help with this.

> OLPC France just applied to become a repair center.
>
> We also applied to get XOs through the Developers Program.

Your developers program applications were approved; they should ship out
early next week.

And I really hope we will be able to be a repair center, because we have
> many IT students waiting to be part of it; and I really hope we will be
> able to get new XOs, as it will help us bring up new content in french,
> both because of possible implementation in France and in the countries.
> This will also help us convince NGOs working in the countries that we
> can work together on this.

Yes, I do too.  Having an active repair center in each country with devoted
developers is important.

> Having a community website is all good, but delegating part of the
> "social implementation" to people who already deal with it might be
> useful as well.

bien sûr...

SJ