[Grassroots-l] Wiki curator/coordination/organization

Iain (XO) Davidson xo at myna.ws
Sun Jan 13 22:29:12 EST 2008

Hey ya'll,

I was on the Support-gang conference call (1.0 and 2.0) on sunday, and
several folks mentioned I should touchbase here (and with Kate, etc..). I
have a great interest with the wiki and helping to organization/reshape the
site to something more friendly, and easier to navigate.

I have lots of ideas and experience, and would like to put our heads
together with a group for a good cooperative plan of wiki attack. :)

As the wiki is quickly expanding (at the rate of 10 to 15 new pages a day),
how about create a group of folks who want to help coordinate with keeping
content organized and consistent ?

And idea, is creating a section for wiki content curators/coordinators ....
on the curators wiki page?

   - Curators_and_coordinators<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Curators_and_coordinators>

Some ideas for a starting points, create
1) Site Map (good consistent/maintained/watched pages for the public),
2) List/category of outdated pages (to be avoided, or archived, or moved
into a specific archive User Space?))
3) Collection of 'User Boxes' for self-identification of interests and areas
where they want to help.

I also found an older Wiki Page Restructuring
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wiki_Page_Restructuring_Common_Room> and OBX
proposals <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OBX_proposals> (last updated by
Xavi<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Xavi>and MitchellNCharity
)
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:MitchellNCharity>

Let me know if you are interested helping, I'll connect up with Kate and see
about getting a group of identified volunteers going.
--IainD <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:IainDavidson>

<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:IainDavidson>