[Grassroots-l] Grassroots Support

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:56:19 EST 2008

Hey Kent,

We are working on the same problems here in Nepal! We have created a
number of activities to teach basic quantities and then lead up to using
numerical symbols.

You can check them out here.

http://www.olenepal.org/activities_download.html

They are all released under the BSD license so pls take the time to
improve upon them, change them, or just create something completely new
and better.

We are doing virtually all of our activity development with EToys
because it is simple, powerful, and accessible to non-technical people.
We have two teachers on our team and they are heavily involved in
activity development but we could always use more contributions from
teachers.

We would really love to see teachers be able to create learning
activities on their own. The long term goal of activity of development
should be that educators can quickly develop activities that meet their
own needs. Squeak and EToys seem to be the right tool for this.

Bryan
OLE Nepal
www.olenepal.org