[Grassroots-l] Invitation -- OLPC's Community Support Volunteer Program

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Jan 6 21:39:50 EST 2008

Dear Grassroots Supporters,

Would you like to volunteer with the energetic team of 40 people
worldwide I've organized to provide Tech Support to XO laptop owners
worldwide?  We've started by helping over 1000 people participating in
the Give1Get1 program in the USA and Canada for now -- answering their
questions to the best of our ability.

Do you have exceptional writing, technical and/or organizational abilities?
Are you naturally supportive and friendly towards those who are eager to
just get started?
Do you demonstrate sincerity, appreciate an earnest team, and truly
adore learning?

If so, please read over the following 3 pages carefully:
    http://support.laptop.org
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Core_principles

In short, if you'd like to commit to volunteer in any capacity related
to Tech Support, we have an exceptionally dedicated team that meets
online daily and by phone weekly.  We welcome you to find your own place
on our team, whatever that is!  Please email me a summary of your
talents, motivations along with your phone number, and the best times to
call you.  A brief phone is all it takes to get started, thanks!!!
--Holt.

PS We are all English speakers for now, but Spanish speakers
particularly welcome going forward, Gracias :)

--
OLPC Support (http://support.laptop.org)