[Grassroots-l] OLPC/XO event for Cambridge Science Festival

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Thu Feb 7 18:22:13 EST 2008

Edward,

Having both technical and creative tracks sounds like a good idea to
me.  But I don't konw that a tech track needs to be for so long; can
you describe a 6-hour agenda from a similar track?  Unless it is for
people who want to really hack on their XOs.   As for shorter sessions
for children : good idea, and even 3 hrs can be long; but as long as
someone is there from each group working on a complete storyboard over
the timeframe given, it should work out.

The grassroots list are all people interested in local OLPC
communities; including organizing events, starting local trials with
XOs, and working with existing teachers and with ideas such as yours.
 This includes a number of local Bostonians.   The support-gang are a
core of active volunteers handling support and G1G1 inquiries,
overhauling our wiki and public-facing information, and dealing with
current XO users.

SJ