[Grassroots-l] New University Program!

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Dec 31 13:14:07 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Julia Reynolds <julia at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I hope this email finds you well. First and foremost, thanks to all who have
> done such great work to promote One Laptop per Child (OLPC) within your
> universities, communities and beyond. The student community as been an
> instrumental facet of OLPC's success.
>
> With that said, I ask that you all visit:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/University_program to see the new, reformatted
> University Page. This page will give you the opportunity to learn about the
> work of other student groups/individuals (be sure to add your group if you
> haven't yet!). Additionally, there are opportunities to receive an XO laptop
> for demoing purposes, if necessary, and a chance to receive a visit from the
> OLPC demo team!

Its great to see the university chapter effort finally getting off the
ground formally.

> Also, PLEASE feel free to use the university mailing list:
> university-chapters at lists.laptop.org to share stories, bounce ideas, or chat
> with other student groups.

The mailing list is at
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/university-chapters for those who may
be looking for it.

> If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact:
> students at laptop.org
>
> Best Wishes,
> Julia
> OLPC

I would definitely like to hear more from existing groups about their
structure for getting involved in OLPC activities, what they do, how
they pursue it, and what the long term goals are. I'd also like to
hear more on how formal a university chapter is within the university
structure itself.

cheers,
Sameer
--