[OLPC-Games] Status of Wordsmith / Scrabble activity

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 03:57:48 EDT 2008

(copying sugar@ since I'm not sure how many people are really subscribed to
games@ and activities@)

Hey all,

I just stumbled across the concept for a Wordsmith / Scrabble activity (
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wordsmith(scrabble)) and now I was wondering
whether anyone was actively working on the project. The last edit to said
wiki page happened in mid-June and I don't remember hearing about it since
then.

The main reason why I'm asking is that I'll be meeting up with professors at
two Austrian universities who had previously expressed interest in
contributing to OLPC via student projects 1 1/2 weeks from now. I'd like to
be able to offer them a short list of cool projects, software, content (aka
"easy wins") that they or their students could be working on over the next 6
months.

Any pointers appreciated!

Cheers,
Christoph