[OLPC-Games] Play Go issues for laptop

Paul Barchilon shimari at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 03:15:36 EDT 2008

I sent this message last week, but it came back with a message that it
needed moderation (I guess because I included a screen shot).  It
appears to have never been posted to the list, so here it is again
without the image:

Hi Andres,

I spent a good deal of time playing with the program and overall was
quite impressed!  It looks great, and plays fairly well.  There are
many little problems, and a couple of major ones.  The scoring engine
got the wrong result on every game I played, there are clearly some
mistaken instructions in the module itself.  Should I post the
problems to this list or would it be better to talk about them on the
phone, or during a game on KGS?  This week is looking pretty busy for
me, so it would have to be next week for the latter.  I am on mountain
time in the US, where are you?

Also, I am unable to right click in the software.  I think the
emulation doesn't recognize my mouse.  Option click or command click
don't trigger it either.  This means I can't access the jabber online
play option you were mentioning.

When I browse the web, sites are enlarged to the wrong screen
resolution.  As a result, fonts are huge, and you can only see the top
left corner of a web site, even one that is at 800x600.  Is there a
way to control this in the program, or from outside of it?  Is it
doing this because I am on a Mac and using an emulator?  I attach a
screen shot of our Tiger's Mouth site so you can see the problem.

Thanks,

Paul

http://tigersmouth.org

Paul Barchilon