[OLPC-Games] Game ideas for the XO: Robot Odyssey

SJ Klein sj at laptop.org
Mon Nov 12 20:29:24 EST 2007

Don and Alan have been having a great discussion about Robot Odyssey,
which I'd like to share with the list.  By coincidence, a discussion in
#sugar today around SimCity's open sourcing turned to how to get Robot
Odyssey onto the laptops... so I'd like to open the discussion to a wider
audience.

Who is interested in helping develop a R.O. port, and in improving on the
old implementation?  Alan has some excellent ideas about how to turn the
updating of the design into a useful exercise, perhaps for an eager coder
or class.

Of course other nifty project ideas are more than welcome.

Don and Alan -- I think the entirety of your discussions about simulation
and game design are worth sharing; if you don't mind, I'll transcribe some
of them to the wiki for further elaboration.

Cheers,
SJ