[OLPC-Games] Treenimation project: implementation strategy

Mike Hahn mike at aprom.com
Fri Nov 2 23:21:33 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am seeking feedback from the OLPC community in regards to my recently
announced Treenimation project (make your own multiplayer board games). I
was planning to use Delphi to implement it, but was advised by Luke and
Roberto that using Python was a better way to go.

I propose the following compromise, whereby I use Python to implement the
Treenimation Runtime (which lets you play games created using Treenimation
Builder), but maintain 2 versions of the rest of the project (Treenimation
Builder). The Windows version would be in Delphi, and the more limited Linux
version would be in Python.

What do members of games at laptop.org think? Do people think that's a good
idea or a stupid idea? For more info please read my latest blog entry. Thank
you for your patience.

Regards,

Mike Hahn
http://www.treenimation.net