[OLPC-Games] What are the plans for pygame

stas zytkiewicz stas.zytkiewicz at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:18:25 EDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Noah Kantrowitz <kantrn at rpi.edu> wrote:

> PyGame is PyGame, I'm not sure what your question is. The whole point of
> abstractions like PyGame and Python is that you can change the
> underlying implementation without breaking things (as long as you keep
> the API the same). No one is saying we should change anything in PyGame
> API, just that the graphics code behind it might.

I'm working on getting schoolsplay to work as good as possible on the XO, it's
a rather big project so some changes take a some time to implement in all the
different parts.
That's ok, but as I'm doing it in my spare time I want to make sure I only have
to do it once. I don't have the time to gamble that the final pygame
implementation
will work with the changes I make now.
As you will know it's easy to break stuff in larger projects so it
might be better, for
me, to wait until there's a decision about the underlying graphics code.

But lets be positive.
When, for example, cairo is used there might be a possibility to use SVG images
in pygame and then it would be easier to go to a resolution of
1900x1200 instead of
a hardcoded 800x600.

Stas

--
A collection of educational activities for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org