[OLPC-Games] What are the plans for pygame

stas zytkiewicz stas.zytkiewicz at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:18:45 EDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Kent Quirk <kent_quirk at cognitoy.com> wrote:
> stas zytkiewicz wrote:
> > Hi, could somebody tell me what the plans for pygame are?

> The plans for pygame are to construct a system that will allow a generic
> pygame application to "play nice" in a Sugar environment. You shouldn't
> have to handle GTK events or canvases unless you are trying to do
> something unusual.
[..]
> My recommendation is that you just proceed to develop pygame apps that
> are agnostic about how surfaces are constructed. If they run acceptably
> on a range of Mac/PC/Linux machines you'll probably do OK. We do intend
> to be releasing lots of details about how to create games for the OLPC,
> but the target date to have first pass of that information is the Game
> Jam, which starts June 8.
Thank you for the explanation but proceeding to adept a rather large pygame
based application like childsplay or schoolsplay could turn out to be
frustrating.
I will wait until there's some clarity about the way pygame will take.

In the mean time I'll start porting another, pyGTK based, application to the
XO called gvr :-)
( http://gvr.sf.net )

Stas

--
A collection of educational activities for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org